Comprehensive Literacy Evaluations
–These vary in scope and purpose, and are as detailed and extensive as deemed necessary – depending on the specific requirements of the parent or teacher.
Curriculum Planning for Specific Subjects
– A scope and sequence chart with learning objectives will be provided based on state and local guidelines (the common core curriculum) as well as best practice. A list of instructional procedures and materials will be provided for a week of lessons, as well as ideas for a variety of hands-on enrichment activities.
Enrichment Courses for Children ages Pre-K–8
– A variety of enrichment courses are offered. These are held throughout the school year and in the summer in the Living Room. Beginning 2020-21, a variety of after-School classes will be offered! Check out the sample of courses here.
Home Educator Consultation
– Consultation time is used to discuss specific instructional questions or concerns, and thus discover the best solutions for your child. Recommendations will be provided with regard to curriculum selection, instructional techniques, alternative approaches to learning, and specific lessons/activities. Ideas for creating the optimal home-school environment will be offered.
Individual Tutoring and/or Small Group Tutoring
– Individualized instruction will be provided based on on-going assessment in specific subjects on an hourly basis; sessions are tailored to the student’s strengths, passions, needs, learning styles, and preferences
Relevant and Specific Recommendations
– Based on a comprehensive assessment, an extensive analysis is made, and recommendations written tailored to meet the needs, strengths, passions, interests, and learning styles or preferences of the individual student.
Workshops for Home Educators
– A variety of workshops are offered at local homeschool gatherings throughout the year for interested parent groups. A list of workshops offered can be found here. Due to Theresa’s schedule, these services must be reserved at least 4 months in advance.